Due to the on-going health emergency, we have changed how we see appointments. This is not permanent, but will last until the mayor lifts the current distancing measures for businesses. We do not take these changes lightly. We truly want to see you in person and it breaks our hearts to change the way we see clients, but it is necessary for the health of everyone.
Step 1: Tell us about yourself and your pets
For all new clients, it is imperative that you complete our new client form (at the bottom of this page) in advance. If you have any medical records, please email them in advance to either Brookland (email@example.com) or Eastern Market (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 2: District Vet will contact you to set up your first appointment
One of our staff will be in touch at the contact information provided to set up your appointment, and get your patient history. The staff will confirm an appointment time with you.
Step 3: What to expect at your appointment
- When you arrive for your pet’s appointment at Brookland, please call the front desk to let them know you are here: Brookland: 202-827-1230 – please stay in your car until we invite you to the lobby.
For Eastern Market, stop in our vestibule to check-in. Please remain close to our front door area.
- The receptionist will invite you to enter or one of our staff will greet you at the door. We will confirm your name and your pet’s name, the presenting reason for seeing us, obtain your cell phone number and lab samples you may have brought.
Dogs must have a good collar or harness already on and fitted.
Cats must be in secured carriers.
- The staff will then escort your pet to see the doctor while you are kindly asked to return to your vehicle, the outside hallway, or neighborhood. It is very important that you remain close and have your phone on as the doctor will then call you to discuss history and other issues and formulate a treatment plan and examine your pet.
- The doctor will discuss her or his findings with you and an estimate for services. You will then be transferred to the front desk so that we can complete the invoice over the phone. Your invoice will be emailed to you, or printed, if requested.
- Once the doctor and staff have completed their examinations, treatments, and completed the invoice, we will meet you back at the door to return your furry friend and hand you any needed medications or supplies.
Your comfort is important to us, so if you have further questions, just contact us, we’d be happy to answer any concerns you have.